What are the causes of a decrease in flow for a TU5300sc or TU5400sc turbidimeters?
Causes and resolutions of decreased flow for TU5300sc or TU5400sc turbidimeters.
Potential causes of a decrease in flow for a TU5300sc or TU5400sc are:
- Actual decrease in filter flow
- Changes in flow due to seasonal water production demands
- Changes in pressure due to maximum filter head loss
- Clogged filter
- Flow issues upstream of the filtration process
- Changes in sample viscosity due to changing temperature
- Plugged flow sensor or flow regulator (For instructions on how to clean the flow sensor, see the corresponding article, How to Clean the Flow Sensor for the TU5300sc or TU5400sc Turbidimeter)