What is the procedure for indexing a sample cell for turbidity measurement?
Indexing sample cells for turbidity
Directions for indexing a sample cell can be found on page 20 of the 2100AN User Manual . Directions are also listed below:
1. Rinse a clean, empty sample cell two times with dilution water and drain to waste. Fill the sample cell to the line with dilution water and immediately put the cap on the sample cell. Let the sample sit for at least five minutes to degas.
2. Clean the sample ell with a soft, lint-free cloth to remove water spots and fingerprints.
3. Apply a small bead of silicone oil from the top to the bottom of the sample cell.
4. Use the oiling cloth provided to apply the oil equally to the surface of the sample cell. Remove excess oil. Make sure that the sample cell is almost dry.
5. Put the sample cell in the sample cell holder. Close the cover. Record the value when stable.
6. Remove the sample cell, turn it about 1/8 of a turn and put it in the sample cell holder again. Close the cover. Record the value when stable.
7. Repeat step 6 until the lowest value is shown on the display.
8. Put an orientation mark on the making band hear the to of the sample cell where the lowest value is shown.