It is possible to edit, add and remove operators and sites using Excel files. Please see the instructions below.
To add operators, notes, sites and routes to the meter use the web application "tool.htm".
1. Set the meter power to on.
2. Connect the meter with the USB cable to the computer. The meter shows as a drive "Hach Portable Parallel Analysis" on the computer.
3. Open the "tools.htm" file. The Start page of the program "SL/1000 PPA Tool Set" opens in the standard internet browser.
4. Click on Browse (Internet Explorer and Firefox) or Choose File (Chrome) to select the WebConfigCache.zip file from the "Hach Portable Parallel Analysis" drive.
5. Click Open to open the "Manage Site List" web page.
6. Click Operators, Notes, Sites or Routes from the main menu tab.
- Option Descriptions
- Operators: Add new operator. An operator ID is associated with the person who completes the water test. The current operator ID is logged with each measurement.
- Notes: Add notes to record special information about a measurement. Add this information to an event log.
- Sites: Add a new site. A site can be associated with a specific measurement sample, such as a location name or sampling point where the water test is taken. The current site ID is logged with each measurement. If applicable add the site ID to a specific route.
- Routes: Add a route with an ordered list of site IDs. Enter a name for each route that is connected to thelist of sites to be visited. The current route is logged with each measurement. Refer to Set up routes on page 20 for more detailed information.
7. Type the applicable name or information in the lower box and click Add.
8. Select one or more names or information and click Up or Down to change the order of the list.
9. Select one or more names or information and click Delete to erase the applicable name or information.
10. Click Save to save all information to the meter. A Save File dialog prompt may open or the file is saved to the "Downloads" folder. If the file is saved in the "Downloads" folder, copy the downloaded WebConfigCache.zip file to the "Hach Portable Parallel Analysis" drive.
11. Confirm with OK to replace the "WebConfigCache.zip" on the "Hach Portable Parallel Analysis" drive.
Note: Make sure to keep the current name of the "WebConfigCache.zip" file.
12. Safely remove the meter from the computer. Click on the icon with the green arrow "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" in the task bar.
Note: Some icons can be found under "Show hidden icons" in the task bar.
13. Disconnect the USB cable from the meter.
14. The new changes are available on the meter.