How do I install a MOD I/O module onto my AquaTrend network?
MOD I/O installation steps for AquaTrend network.
- Using a two-conductor cable insert the green wire into any of the Net_B terminals in one of the PS1201 power supplies on the AquaTrend network. Insert the white wire into the corresponding Net_A terminal in the same PS1201. Do not connect the shield wire on the PS1201. If there are no empty terminals in the PS1201, the wires may be doubled up in a terminal with existing wires.
- Connect the other end of the cable into the supplied connector with the green wire in terminal 1, the white wire in terminal 2 and the shield in terminal 3. Plug the connector into the front of the MOD I/O.
- If terminating has been done in the AquaTrend (typical configuration), then flip both terminator switches off on the MOD I/O. If terminating has not been done in the AquaTrend the flip terminator switch 1 on the MOD I/O to the on position.
- Connect the supplied RS 232 cable to the back of the MOD I/O and the other end to the com port on the computer. If there is no com port on the computer this end of the cable will need to be cut and wired into the converter according to the converter wiring diagram.
- Apply power to the MOD I/O. At this point the configure light on the unit should start blinking. If the light is not blinking, press in the configure button and cycle the power to the MOD I/O with the button pressed in. Continue to hold in the button once the power is restored for about 20 seconds. Release the button and the configure light should blink. If it still does not, repeat the above process.
- Once the configure light is blinking press the menu key on the AquaTrend interface. Arrow down to the Network menu and press enter. Press enter on add device. At this point it will search for any unconfigured devices.
- A list of unconfigured devices will appear. Press enter on the Com-link device. Press enter on add device. You can now change the name of the device and then press enter. The MOD I/O is now on the network.
- Check the settings of the MOD I/O by pressing the menu key on the AquaTrend, press enter on the other device menu, enter on the com-link, enter on MOD I/O and then enter on MOD I/O settings.